Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M32 and M110 (with inter-galactic light pollution)

Tim

Tried to get these two at Kelling Heath this year, but there was a huge source of LP in the way :headbang:

Had a duvet day today, and finally got around to processing some of my Kelling data, or at least, one of the data sets.

This is M31, M32, M110 with Skywatcher MN190 and QHY8 camera. The collimation was a bit wierd due to the camera not being sat squarely in the focusser, and the colours came through as an off yellow in a brown sky. But its the first pic I've managed at all since then, so better than nothing :D

IIRC its about 3hrs 20 mins, in 10 min exposures, no darks flats or bias as I couldnt find them. On the full size pic I was rather pleased to see good sharp detail in the globular cluster regions, shame the jpegging murders that somewhat.

Second pic of it in situ in data from WO72 + QHY8, also at Kelling.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

post-14037-133877411004_thumb.jpg

post-14037-133877411014_thumb.jpg

Exquisite detail in the dust Tim. I tend to agree with Steve, an M31 or M42 has to be exceptional these days to catch the eye, simply because there are so many good imagers around, but this is very fine :headbang:

Cheers

Rob

Archived