NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

When is your Power Tank fully charged?

Hi,

I have a Skywatcher Power tank, which seems to work fine.

However, the 'Fully Charged' light NEVER comes on, even if the thing has been charging for days.

Is there a fault? As I say, it works fine and only once got low on power after several hours of heavy use with the HEQ5 mount.

Cheers,

Luke

How old is it?

Has it had much use?

Is it often left unused for ages?

It's only about a year old. It gets as much use as weather allows, and I always put it back on charge, but turn off the charger after a day or two. I never let it go for more than a week or so without topping it up.

Regards

My fully charged lights dont work either ,

I just put a multi meter on to it when i want to check the charge .

Bought a cheap one , cut the prongs off and put a cig lighter attachment on the end to plug in for a reading

My fully charged light works on the third monday of every month with a z in it.

Common problem then.

I just put mine on charge now and again

That's good. I'm not the only one, then!

I have the same problem, and mine's just a month or so old. I should've listened to Steve's advice to get a simple large battery instead. I fell for the "Big old torch / red torch / jump-start / multi-DC outs" marketing shenanigans. :headbang:

Once bitten, etc...

You could modify the power tank slightly and charge it with a Motorcyle Optimate charger. It will desulphate the battery, then check it, then charge it, then check it again and if all is OK will go onto a monitor / trickle charge. It is designed to be left connected indefinately. This is probably 1 of the best lead acid battery chargers on the market.

Gary

Archived