NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from a complete newbie from Essex

Tony.S

Hi all.

Like the heading say's,I really am a complete newbie.In fact I have never even used a telescope that cost more than a £5 kiddies one.

My interst in "star gazing" started a couple of months ago when I took a couple of snap shots of the moon with my Samsung Pro815 digital camera.

Well tonight I went out & bought myself my first telescope.I done a small amount of research on what to buy & then threw the knowledge I gathered out of the window & bought a 20 odd year old Vixen Custom 90M.

I spent a couple of hours trying to find something to look at & managed to find only 2 stars...Not very impressed I bought the scope back indoors only to realise that the lens has 2 caps,one large one & one small one in the middle..I only removed the small one :rolleyes:

Looks like I might need lots of help from you guys in the future.

Cheers.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tony!

I'm another Essex newb who just joined today. I'm not too far from Colchester myself, and am avidly looking forward to getting back into hours of avoiding rain, clouds, high winds, and low flying fowl, in search of some fun sky hopping.

I hope you stick with it, because I certainly wish now that I'd never let me interest die when I got fed up with trying to translate Norton's charts into a real life view. Of course there wasn't the wonderful web then with such places as this to visit and learn along the way.

All the best.

Cheers,

Lee.

What a fantastic forum this is,so many freindly people willing to help.

Thanks all for the welcomes :rolleyes:

After reading though some of the posts on the board,I realise that I'm on a really steep learning curve..I'm affraid I will be asking quite a few questions.

Hi Toni and welcome.

In the past 2/3 months this forum gave me a lot of help and support and also some people to share my hobby successes and frustrations with. In this short time I managed to get from a complete newbie to a newbie that manages to do some nice stuff on his own. :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Hi,it's all fun and games this astronomy lark,apart from friends and family thinking your a loon and the frustration of waiting for a clear sky and then wondering if you really are looking in the right place with your upside down vertically corrected star diagonal red dot collimating tool and whether or not you think you might have bought the wrong type of scope!!!!Fantastic!!!!

Archived