SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It's the waiting that gets to you

mike.brightmore

Here I am out in Florida waiting for the Atlantis shuttle launch from Cape Kennedy on Monday afternoon. Tropical storm Ida is well out of the way and the sky looks pretty clear from the sun-bed so it looks good to go. Just thought that I would share my anxiety with you.

post-15108-133877410003_thumb.jpg

I would love to see the shuttle launch with my own eyes..

Keep yourself busy im sure the hours will fly by.

Hmm..

"anxiety"

Think i should seek out a little more of that if it means i get to lounge on a sun bed in Florida with sunny skies and a cold drink...

*sigh*

Hope you enjoy it :rolleyes:

News just in: shortly after posting this message Mike was eaten whole by a 4 metre Alligator that had been lurking, unnoticed beneath his sun bed. Relatives have been informed and his Celestron CPC 1100 and Quantum Four 25x100 binos will be donated to a worthy cause .....

Only kidding Mike, you lucky fella - I've visited Florida 5 times and not seen a launch yet ..... :rolleyes:

Hope your having a geat time :)

John

Went out to Kennedy Space Centre today (Sunday) to check it out and see if they were an astronaut short. They've still got a full complement but saw Atlantis on pad 39A - all looks good for tomorrows launch. Looks like being an early start to beat the traffic to the Cape.

post-15108-133877410137_thumb.jpg

post-15108-133877410145_thumb.jpg

post-15108-133877410157_thumb.jpg

News just in: shortly after posting this message Mike was eaten whole by a 4 metre Alligator that had been lurking, unnoticed beneath his sun bed. Relatives have been informed and his Celestron CPC 1100 and Quantum Four 25x100 binos will be donated to a worthy cause .....

Only kidding Mike, you lucky fella - I've visited Florida 5 times and not seen a launch yet ..... :rolleyes:

Hope your having a geat time :)

John

Hi John

not quite but this gator did get pretty close

post-15108-133877410164_thumb.jpg

Being at a shuttle launch at Kennedy Space Centre is memorable, fantastic and awesome experience. If you get the chance just do it. Even at 7 miles away from the launch pad you feel , hear and see the power of those rockets. NASA really make it a truly unforgettable experience. Good fortune you six brave astrononauts and a safe journey home.

post-15108-133877410266_thumb.jpg

post-15108-133877410275_thumb.jpg

Archived