SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scopes'n'skies

Saso

Hello,

I ordered 1 x Antares Mars Explorer 4-piece 1.25" filter set from Scopes'n'skies over a month ago (30.05.2006).

I pay over Pay Pal and for now I send them 5 e-mails and I didn't get any reply from them. Anyone know anything about them - they have holiday or what?

I know that I can call them but if I do that cost me more then stuff I ordered because a long distance call so I first try to get help here. Maybe are all e-mails lost or something.

It is anyone form Scopes'n'skies member here on forum or anyone have contact with them? I now that they are a good company and have a good reputation but still I'm a little worried now... I know it is not a lot of cash in this but anyway...

CS Saso

In my mind - that is really poor service. I have come across similar complaints on another forum. I have not used them for this reason and your post reinforces that.

It annoys me when companies don't give a toss for customer service. Vote with your feet.

I hope you get this resolved soon

Anthony

I recently ordered some bits that turned up next day, so this is worrying.

Saso, I will contact SnS first thing tomorrow (although it's Sunday, so I may not get a response straight away).

At the very least they should let you know what is happening.

Will be in touch......

Thank you for your help. This is e-mail copy form Scopes'n'skies, that I receive, with order number.

Dear Saso Romih.

Thank you for your order. It will be processed shortly. Please note we will only charge your card once we have shipped your order.

Order summary:

1 x Antares Mars Explorer 4-piece 1.25" filter set

If you have any enquiries please contact us by telephone on 01353 698 195 or by email at info@scopesnskies.com quoting reference: 31940904556.

Best wishes

Scopes'n'Skies

CS Saso

Saso, I had a problem with an order a few weeks ago. They deliver in stock items very quickly and normally indicate on the web site if something isn't in stock. Unfortunately the web site hadn't been updated when I placed my order. they were very helpful when I phoned and kept me fully in the picture. They have moved premises and may have a few gremlins to iron out but my impression is that they do take customer service seriously. Not responding to emails isn't good though.

Hi Saso, just had the same problem myself with an order for a diagonal. Delivery took 2 weeks in the end. The whole thing was a Paypal issue using the Stargazers discount code. The diagonal cost £19.99 but with the discount cost £17.99. Trouble was when the payment went through from Paypal it didn't show the discount code and Scopes'n'skies just presumed i had under paid by £2. The order was held back until i made contact as they had no contact number for me. I left it over a week before calling, should have called earlier. Would have been sorted much quicker. Or Paypal should insist on a contact phone number too.

I've used Scopes'n'skies quite a lot over the last year or so and been very impressed with their service. Just a shame they didn't send an email to notify me of the problem.

Hopefully Daz will get an answer for you shortly.

Russ

Thank you Russ. I use discount so maybe this is the problem. But Like Martin said - Not responding to emails isn't good though. I also hope that Daz will get an answer from them.

Saso

Russ / Saso

That's an interesting point regarding the discount code. I ordered some bits a couple of weeks ago and they arrived on day 3, I have another order which I placed on Sunday that I'm waiting for, and I would expect it to arrive today / tomorrow.

As Martin said, they may have a few gremlins, but communication takes no effort.

Response from Maria:

Hello there Darren, thank you for your message. Please pass on my apologies

to Saso regarding the delay to his order and the lack of communication -

we've been extremely busy lately and are currently battling with large

numbers of incoming orders.

Saso's order will be going out today actually - there was a stock issue with

these filters which has taken us a while to resolve with our supplier, but

the order should be arriving within the next few days (hopefully; although I

haven't had huge amounts of experience with the Slovenian postal services

:-)).

As regards Russ' problems with the discount code, I wasn't aware there had

been a problem actually - we'll look into this asap and see if it needs

correcting. Paypal has its own ideas sometimes on how to do things, and also

choose to do maintenance work during the day etc which isn't terribly

helpful to be honest!

Anyway, hope this is helpful - any other queries please let me know.

Best wishes

Maria Hansson

Scopes'n'Skies

So, barring any hiccups in the post, Saso, your filters will be with you soon. I think they may be victims of their own success, coupled with gremlins in the recent move.

Cheers

Thank you Russ.

I was a little woried because I put order over a month ago. But with Daz help everything end allright. I buy over internet before and this is a first time I have a little problem. I was also a little suprised because I heard only a good thing about SnS and I made a contact with them also before and I receive answer in a week. It is nice that they have a lot a work to do but may be they need an extra hand. I'm sort of out of the job at the moment so I'm available... :D

Saso

• 2 weeks later...

Archived