Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion wow !!!

Just a quickie but i have to say this - about week ago 3.30 in the morning perfect clear sky i was up and looking for Orion and hey presto i found it and WOW what a beautiful sight it was AWSOME !

Regards Daren

Its the best sight i have seen so far - i look for the 3 stars in a row and it just below them - if you got stellerium then just forward the time to see when it rises but i definatly recommend it

Regards :icon_eek:

well done,

this was the first thing i ever looked at through my Skywatcher 130p truely amazing sight and very easy to find, i think that this nebula is something like 30 light years across, amazing when you think about it.

next try the Andromeda galaxy, another amazing sight when you think about what you are lokking at.

Rob

Orion is an impressive sight, it's something I always try and show friends and family when they want to do a bit of astronomy. Best I ever saw it was down in Cornwall in a dark sky area through my 80mm. It was absolutely fantastic in that, so lord knows how good it would have been through a big dob.

You know couple of nights ago here in London, i saw Orion also, had no telescope tho :icon_eek: binoculars only, but it was just too exciting! it was clear skies, and the visibility was perfect, if only i had my scope :) Stars like Sirius were also in sight, it was amazing...

I do remember, as a kid, seeing this little "fuzzy patch", to the right or Orion... I dismissed it as a "cloud or something". Next night it was STILL there, so I turned my Dad's 7x50's on it - Turned out it was M45! :icon_eek: The rest, as they say, is history... ;)

I have to concede that neither the seeing, nor my eyesight, at the time, was TOO hot! LOL. But, with glasses, and age, SOME things have improved a tad. :)

I do remember, as a kid, seeing this little "fuzzy patch", to the right or Orion... I dismissed it as a "cloud or something". Next night it was STILL there, so I turned my Dad's 7x50's on it - Turned out it was M45! :icon_eek: The rest, as they say, is history... ;)

I have to concede that neither the seeing, nor my eyesight, at the time, was TOO hot! LOL. But, with glasses, and age, SOME things have improved a tad. :)

Glad to hear things improve with age i thought it was thje other way round lol !!!

I saw it for my first time about 2-3 weeks ago and was very impressed also, only my second nebula I have found, my first was the ring nebula (im fairly new to this and still learning the ropes). It comes out nice and early now, although the moon is being a bit of a pain at the mo

I think the winter months will definately be my fav. The Pleiades first, then Taurus and then Orion, all pop up over the garden fences by 12am now, I love it, even when my scope's not out and I just go out for a smoke and see that ever reliable order of stars/constellations.

Good work on seeing Orion, I can guarantee it will remain one of your favourites!

Archived