Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Prices

FLO

I spent a couple of hours last night price-checking FLO's prices against the competition. There has been a lot of price-cutting recently, particularly Skywatcher products!

I promised elsewhere on this forum that you need not spend more to shop at FLO so last night I lowered most of FLO's Skywatcher prices (there are a handful still to do but they too will be lowered later today).

Price-matching can be tricky where competitors include 'free' under-specified and over-valued kit. FLO could easily source cheap binos, power supplys, etc, but I don't think you'd be impressed if we did, and rightly so. We are however about to stock more astro books so will probably include a book or two where appropriate.

HTH ;)

Nice one Steve/FLO :icon_eek: I can only echo what others have said in this thread and across the forum - your service is really top notch. Bringing in some books is a brilliant idea too, FLO would really be a one stop shop for astronomy products then :)

Keep at it you're doing something right ;)

Steve, Are you also planning to stock any Astronomy Software at some Stage ?

Yes :icon_eek:

Or any TeleVue eyepieces...
Televue is another product that has been requested a number of times and we will look very seriously about including them in the New Year.

Thanks Amanda, a number of SGL members have asked us to stock books but for one reason or another we never got around to it so Steppenwolf's book Making Every Photon Count has had FLO's book section all to itself.

Steve, sorry to hijack the thread, a question re Steppenwolf's book, is it aimed at the dslr or ccd imager?

Thanks,

Gary

a question re Steppenwolf's book, is it aimed at the dslr or ccd imager?

The book is an overview of the requirements for Deep Sky Imaging covering every part of the process from equipment purchase through to post processing so it covers both DSLR and CCD imaging.

The subtitle 'A Beginner's Guide to Deep Sky Astro-photography' sums the contents up pretty accurately but If you have a look at this page you will find some independent reviews that may assist.

Archived