NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Essex

simon84

Evening,

Been reading this forum for a while and have now signed up to it as it seems to be the place to go for advice and tips.

Been into astronomy since I was just a small lad, first started when I was 10 years old and out on "scout camp".

Got my first telescope a few months ago, a Meade 114mm Newtonian, been using it every clear night I can get and have just upgraded to the Skywatcher Explorer 300P Newtonian which should arrive Monday so if the skies are cloudy blame me.

I really want to get into viewing DSO's and maybe take the odd image or two.

I'm fairly new to it all and am always open to advice.

Look forward to nattering with you all on the forums.

Cheers,

Simon.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ron, I will make good use of this forum, been a keen amateur photographer for years and thought I knew plenty about optics and stuff but after reading up I now realise its a whole different ball game.

Ant, I'm from Basildon. Looking forward to making use of the forum.

Celescope, who is a member of SGL lives in Basildon too Simon, and Ant will tell you where he lives I guess. It's a small world.

I was in Basildon in August, paying a visit to Celescope, who has a reputation of being a great Astro Photographer (Imager) as it's usually expressed these days.

I had a relative who used to live there too.

Ron.

Sounds great, thought I was alone here. Imaging is something I would love to get into one day. Wife keeps telling me to slow down and enjoy what I have rather than going out and getting it all in one go. What a sensible head she has especially as seeing how expensive this hobby of ours is.

Morning all,

Thanks very much for the welcomes and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Feel free to email or message if you want to say hi.

Obviously I'm into my scopes, but I also have a passion for photography and I'm pretty good with computers aswell.....tend to find myself taking them apart and putting them back together again.

Cant wait to get some observing time in with the 300P, I'm sure there are some clear nights just around the corner.

Well thanks again and talk soon.

Simon.

Wow,

So many welcomes. Thanks to all of you. Yes another Essex lad here I'm afraid.....were not so bad though.

Glad to here good responses to the 300P, I spent sooooo long agonising over which scope to purchase. Didnt know what I wanted to start with so started reading everything I could get my hands on and asked some advice from a couple of chaps on the Sky at Night forum. Had the 200P recommended by alot of people but I'm in a position to go a bit bigger so I plumped for the monster that is the 300P. It turns up tomorrow, I hope, because after reading a few posts about my supplier I'm a little bit nervous now.

Still fingers crossed all will be ok.

Hi to Astrobaby, been reading your reviews on your site regarding the laser collimator and your how to guide on collimation, excellent reading, your site is in my fave folder now. Still undecided though on wether to spend the extra on the laser or learn how to use a cheshire piece with the aid of your guide.

Well here's to some clear skies for us all.

Cheers,

Simon.

Archived