Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bahtinov Mask question

Dear All,

I have recently put in an order for a Bahtinov Mask for my SkyMax 127 from StayFocused (Stay Focused Bahtinov masks from £9 (Powered by CubeCart)). Whilst waiting for the post to sort itself out, I have a question:

Does the mask have to be placed immediately at the end of the tube or can it be placed on teh end of my dew shield? Clearly the latter is preferable (so I don't need to keep putting on/off the shield).

I will also write and sak StayFocused and post any reply here.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks for the link to that site.

Last week I found a site that had an app. which allowed me to enter details of my OTA and it created a mask template as a bitmap image for me.

I printed it on my A3 printer, spent an hour with a craft knife cutting the slots and then laminated it A3 for stiffness.

I tried it tonight, it worked fine and proved to me the advantage for me of now spending the money and getting a proper one.

post-17592-133877406958_thumb.jpg

Nick,

As I know there is no matter how far form the "objective" you will place the mask. I tried my home made mask on ETX 105 without dew shield and on it and didn't see difference.

BTW I laminated mine before cutting...

Dear All,

Thanks very much for all your useful replies. That's great, appears that mask can be placed at end of dew shield to work just as well. As metioned, I also wrote to Steve at StayFocused who replied:

"You will be fine to use it on the dewshield, its just working at 100 percent if you fit it on the front of the scope as it is set to a specific focal length to be working at its best. They still work very well even when off by a large amount anyway."

So there we have it! Looking forward to getting it now and seeing what difference it makes.

Cheers,

Nick

Archived