Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William Optics FLT 132 Photo Package

FLO

Steve, Do you know if it'll be possible to get hold of the feathertouch wo special as an aftermarket addon? I understand this is different to the standard 3.5" FT as it allows the dedicated field flattener to be used.

Cheers,

Mike

......just expensive!

Indeed it is.

WO will supply the custom Feathertouch on its own but we are looking at around £750...

Moonlite offer a superb 2.5" dual-speed focuser for around £400 but it doesn't accept the TMB FLT flattener, you would need to use an alternative.

HTH

Ouch! Not sure I'd get that through the expenses department!

I think someone needs to explain once again the feathertouch advantage!

Anyone want to buy a non-feathertouch WO FLT-132 inc field flattener?

lets not rush things.... :(

But seriously, Steve having felt the difference between the FT and the WO Crayford would you say £700 is money well spent?

How does it compare to other aftermarket options?

I only ask because for that amount I could probably get a robofocser for the WO Crayford which may have more of an immediate impact. ;)

The Feathertouch is certainly better than the regular WO focuser but it would be a luxury purchase - desirable but not necessary.

I don't think there is anything to seperate Moonlite and Feathertouch for build quality and performance but, as far as I know, Moonlite don't offer a focuser that accepts your focal reducer. I'll have a chat with Ron (at Moonlite) tomorrow just to be sure.

HTH

Have spoken with Ron: Moonlite's current CFL 2.5" format focuser is not large enough for the reducer. It would handle the load easily enough but it would need a little more ID to handle the threads on the reducer. It is close, but not close enough.

HTH

Archived