NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hello

bengriffin

Hi, I'm Ben - I'm a technical IT guy, who's been interested in astronomy since my Dad bought me a small handheld telescope when I was 8 years old. Until a month or so I've only used eyes and binoculars, but now I have a larger scope, which is most likely going to end up in a nice dark sky field in France, but right now it's sitting close by in Islington. Not exactly dark!

I am a bit of an Apple man, so I recently been having fun cobbling software apps together and getting RS232 messages and USB stuff over to my scope. Today I converted an old iSight web cam to a cheap and cheerful CCD. Not great - the iSight warms up like nothing else, but a bit of fun. I've also got a Canon 450D - which I've used for a while for normal photography. But I don't think I will rip out the IR filter on that just yet...

Hi, I'm Ben - I'm a technical IT guy, who's been interested in astronomy since my Dad bought me a small handheld telescope when I was 8 years old. Until a month or so I've only used eyes and binoculars, but now I have a larger scope, which is most likely going to end up in a nice dark sky field in France, but right now it's sitting close by in Islington. Not exactly dark!

I am a bit of an Apple man, so I recently been having fun cobbling software apps together and getting RS232 messages and USB stuff over to my scope. Today I converted an old iSight web cam to a cheap and cheerful CCD. Not great - the iSight warms up like nothing else, but a bit of fun. I've also got a Canon 450D - which I've used for a while for normal photography. But I don't think I will rip out the IR filter on that just yet...

HI BEN...I JOINED YESTERDAY AND THE PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE SO FREINDLY,LOTS OF ADVICE AND SOME UNBELIEVABLE SET UPS.;)

Archived