Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the West country

Aldebaran5

Hello to everyone in the forum. Have been looking at this site for ages now and only decided tonight to join up. I have been into Astronomy for years but only in a casual way, that is until my wife bought me a LX90 for a big birthday. Great scope only not really used it much until last year when coming back from holiday in France, I bought an ETX 70 very cheap from Lidl's. Anyway not sure what stream of astronomy to get into although I do photography as well with numourous camera's, so I might delve into Astrophotography and CCD's.

regards Keith.

Thanks all for the welcome. I see from some the equipment notes that there are some Celestron Neximage users, I bought and as yet have not used it any hints on this will be useful. I must admit that I have been watching the stars for some years but have only just decided to get 'into it' seriously.

regards

Keith.

Hi Dobserver

I am just on the south side of Gloucester. When I said west country its in between Wales, the south west and the Midlands, no mans land. However a nice position to travel the west on my M/C. My other hobbies include Music, playing the guitar and Bass. Plenty to do when I retire.

Regards

Keith.

Hi Keith - I'm a hope skip and a jump away from you nr Cheltenham

Are you going here this weekend ?

================

Event Details

Event Star Party 2 Venue Tyntesfield (in North Somerset) Description Join the Bristol Astronomical Society for an evening of star gazing which promises to be out of this world! This event is weather permitting. Please register your interest and details with the property.

Booking Booking Essential 01275 461907

Additional Info

Suitable for Groups

Dogs on leads welcome

Accompanied children very welcome

Where to Meet Meet in the main car park

What to bring Wear appropriate clothing and bring a torch

Contact Bex Foy, 01275 461907, bex.foy@nationaltrust.org.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived