Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wide Field (Sagittarius Area) M20 & M8

qcdougn

I took this wide field shot of the Sagittaruis area Saturday night 6-24-06 with the Canon XT. This is with my (28 - 105mm) lens set at the 105mm - f 5.0 and ISO 800. This is a stack of approx. 15 @75 sec.

I really like imaging in the area and am beginning to enjoy the wide field shots. I took this in the Large-Fine mode and looks very nice...Too bad it has to be reduced such a trememdous amount for posting :) ...But, I understand that we can't all attach 4 MB images.. :)

Regards

Doug

Well I'll not bother with the oohs and ahhs. That is a really good widefield shot and I wish I had your skies. Keep those coming please, its nice to dream and that's all I can do about this kind of shot. Where I live the light pollution just doesn't allow this kind of image and its nice to see what we are missing.

Do you have a website where you can put these images? I'm sure that a lot of us here would appreciate the bigger pictures.

Captain Chaos

Thanks for the kind response on the wide field shot...I've tried to paste a link to my astro collection for anyone that would like to view them from time to time and as I add new ones. It's a mixture of various targets, some DSO's, planets, wide fields and other miscellanous stuff. I hope ya'll enjoy them.

If the link doesn't work, I send it to you Captain Chaos and you can help attach it here for the others.

Regards,

Doug Neal

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/home?inv=2DEDA39425CF74E

Hi again,

I've gotten some good tips today on how to re-size my image (file size) for posting without loosing too much quality. Here's a bigger size image...but smaller file size... :shock:

Doug

Hi Alan...thanks for the nice comments.

This was taken from my home in Kennewick, Washington. ..Northwest area of the USAS. I live in a city not at a dark site...I just got lucky on a near New moon time, late at night. My area has approx. 200, 000 people and called the Tri-Cities.

Thanks again, very happy someone else has enjoyed it.

Doug

Thanks Rog,

I'll take a few more before summer is over...I haven't tried my 75-300mm zoom yet. I most likely will only go up to the 200-225mm range. I've heard that this lens is soft on focus at 300mm...We'll see.

Looks like you're back on-line from the hols...Hope you had a pleasant time.

Doug

Archived