Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD graph

jgs001

Euan - you need to turn off the trance music :) Putting your iPod on the mount won't help either... :)

I didn't think there was anything wrong with having a subwoofer in the obs? :D

can you turn the guiding off, but still graph the results...to see PE in RA and polar alignment in DEC?

paul

There's an option to disable guide commands. This is really handy for drift aligning, as the crosshairs stay exactly where you put them, i.e. on the star, and then you'll see the star drift.

I can't remember if it still graphs though....I think it does.

The graph option wasn't available in earlier PHD versions.

The OSC index shouldn't be taken as gospel.....I've had wildly different figures than 0.3 but still had perfect guiding, so don't worry about it too much. It's the flatness of the graph that's the important thing.

Euan, that graph looks like you have a mount imbablance, and you may also have the aggressiveness settings too high.

Bit of a black art though...I had big jumps in RA last night, even though I've not changed anything at all, and the last time out guiding was perfect. No idea why!

A couple of things to remember...

1. Recalibrate when you pass the meridian, or after more than a couple of hours anyway, as your calibration is only really accurate for the area of the sky you're pointing at, and orientation of the scope at the time, as balance will change slightly and this won't match the earlier calibration.

2. Once you lock onto a star and set it guiding, wait 5 minutes for it to settle down before imaging.

Cheers

Rob

Pecprep is the tool you want to analyse your logfiles...

New things all the time in PHDGuide... 1.10.10 has star profiling autoguide star selection fix for the graphic bug... etc...

Make sure you get teh latest ver of pecprep so that it handles the logfiles from the later version of PHDGuide correctly... some problems with the "international" settings onthe logfiles from PHD meant that the older versions dosent read the laetst logfiles...

Peter...

Archived