Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31's Core ...

Psychobilly

Before the 1000D back to its normal home of the Megrez72 FFIII setup ready for the bigger targets that are now coming into view I decide to try a "closeup" of the core of M31 and try and capture the fainter detail in the inner dust lanes...

This is 3 hours @ ISO800 made up of 1 hour of 5 min subs and 2 hours of 7.5 min subs taken against luna a few nights ago...the FOV is approximately 41x31 arcmins

M31Core_v3.jpg

Peter...

I have really gone off the ideas of mosaics if you can fit the target in the FOV of another scope/camera that you have ... My current thinking is...

Whats the point in all the grief and hassle when most of the time your going to downsize the image to display it on the web...

M31 can "easily" be imaged in a nice widefield with the Megrez72 FFIII and at f4.5.... so my time will be better spent getting some nice deep data using that setup...

I do have some Widefeld mosiacs planned with the Megrez72/FFIII but everytime I plan/start one the weather doesn't play ball...

The 1000D will be moving back to its normal home.. maybe tomorrow.. I will give the sensor a clean and the accessible optical surfaces in the imaging train ready for those autum winter widefield targets....

It's done its job on the 8"... which (I know im tempting fate here) seems to be behaving itslef after a lot of fiddling with the mechanics... although I would still have loved to get the Alt axiz properly stripped and reworked but a glued on clutch drive plate has me snookered...

Peter...

Well done. Getting in there is a killer.

On mosaics, I'm a fan. I like the stunning resolution you get from having more in the can than the screen can show. Also you can roam around an image in close up on the screen. I have to say that cos I've just set out on what may be a 40 hour white elephant. Pray for me!

Olly

Archived