Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

And another............M33!

Tim

Seems to be flavour of the month this little beastie.

This is my first real try at LRGB imaging from scratch, and I was so lucky the last night before we left for Kelling to get the last hour of Blue that I needed for it before stripping down the kit and altering the cameras etc etc etc.

Taken with Skywatcher MN190 + SXVF-H9 camera, baader LRGB filters. I posted a test shot a few weeks back, this is what it became. I dont really have ideal skies for LRGB, and I need to determine if the colour filters also need an IR/UV cut in the train in addition, somebody (Daz???) mentioned that they aren't IR blocked, anybody happen to know?

Thanks for looking.

TJ

post-14037-133877401995_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that's a nice one Tim!

I could be wrong, but I don't believe they are UV/IR cut Tim. Perhaps Steve at FLO could check, but the website blurb doesn't explicitly say they are, so I have assumed they are not.

I use a 2" one in the train in mine...

Yes, that is the set. I am very pleased with them. From that blurb it seems that the Red filter is IR cut, and I would imagine that the Green and blue would block it anyway, but that's a guess. The Clear filter is just for focussing/finding, although I focus each colour anyway.

It is an interesting process to go through each filter on a single bright star using a bahtinov mask.

Archived