Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Indian Summer... The results of the last 10 days...

Psychobilly

After what has been a really miserable summer, It has been great to have a long run of nights when its been possible to get out and do some imaging... I decide to pull all the "finished" images into one place ...

So here.. not in any Particular order are...

IC1318

IC1318_Billy.jpg

IC1396

IC1396_Billy.jpg

M27

M27_Billy.jpg

NGC6888

NGC6888_Billy.jpg

NGC7000 & IC5070

NGC7000-IC5070_Billy.jpg

Veil Super Nova Remenant complex

Veil_Billy.jpg

Thanks for looking :o

Didn't get the weather to finish of any of the "bigger" projects so had to go for a series of 1-2 nighters... and then typically you get the long run... I could probably have added a lot more to the Cygnus mosaic... but hindsight is marvellous thing..

I dunno Pete... perhaps I have sold my soul....

Last night came as a total surprise although I did lose 2 hours worth of sub... these days Unless its threatening rain I just leave the system running and sort out the subs later...

Peter...

A fine collection! I love the scale on the NA/Pelican and Veil. Hmmm, this Indian Summer you are having comes at our expense down here! Your thoroughly abnormal high pressure, deplorably misplaced, has a soup of soggy horror sitting on our heads here and we are deafened by incessant rolling thunder. That is MY high presure and I would thank you to return it forthwith!

Olly

I prefer not to worship at the shrine of the smoothing tools and noise reduction RJ...and accept that noise is an inevitable limitation of the equipment used and/or the depth of the exposure...

I'd rather whenever possible have sharp and noisy than an image that looks like It's way out of focus or taken through a lens smeared in vaseline... as you say personal choice...

Peter...

A fine collection! I love the scale on the NA/Pelican and Veil. Hmmm, this Indian Summer you are having comes at our expense down here! Your thoroughly abnormal high pressure, deplorably misplaced, has a soup of soggy horror sitting on our heads here and we are deafened by incessant rolling thunder. That is MY high presure and I would thank you to return it forthwith!

Olly

I ahvent finished with it Yet Olley ... but i'll let you have it back when I have... although a few more days and I will be glad to get an un-interrupted nights sleep as mixing all nighters with work during the day isnt a recipe for "harmony"...

Holidays - whats those then... need my leave for Rally GB...suppose i could go of sick with exhaustion but i think the boss would rumble it ...

Smearing lenses (well filters actually but the effect was the same) with vaseline is one of the tricks used in the old days before all this digital trickery...

Tonight will be the last night after midnight whatever happens I have just got the tracking PC up and running in the obs with a joystick connected for the ISS passes... should be a laugh and probably a disaster... so now the lappy can grab at full 60 fps from the DMK without causing hiccups in the tracking..

Peter...

Archived