Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got 4 grand spare?

nitram100

• 2 weeks later...

Funny that... I need a new car and Big Blue comes on the market! I sure as hell wish I could afford to get it back :D Not often you see 22 inches of prime f/4.76 glass in a beast with full goto and so on. Even got it's own weather station and cup warmer... and it's solar powered so independent of mains power, ideal for Kielder.

Arthur

PS... "This really is a beautiful piece of engineering. Made by one of the country's best astro engineers." That reminds me... I really should get that cheque in the post to Wales :D

.... boot space.... door frames.... ceilings.... back... ladders in the dark... wives..... I can hear the screams! If I had a proper garden with a nice slidy glass door, then I might have a 'leg to stand on' (after pawning the other one for the scope). A 22 UC design.... would have given me more trouble.

PEterW

Ladders?

It's full goto, and I guess has tracking. Stick a field de-rotator on it, and you've got a dogs whotsits setup, for less than half the price of a camera I am currently looking at (not mine...)

Amazing deal!

De-rotator? With 22" under f/5? How long do you think it will take to saturate a chip with them numbers?

It has 10,000 tick encoders linked to the drive system, so that's an idea how accurate it is... to be honest Nick, you would have to work up to needing a de-rotator I reckon.

Arthur

Archived