NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from North Wales

_Belial

Good morning all,

I stumbled on this forum whilst googling around for astrophotography advice. I bought my first telescope (a skywatcher skymax 127 synscan ) about 3 weeks ago, but it wasn't until last night that I actually got a chance (i.e no clouds) to actually use it briefly.

I was gobsmacked by how much detail of the moon I managed to see, and even Jupiter was teasing me (although a touch wobbly). I can see I'm going to have some fun with this hobby.

Anyway I'll go read some forums now and what equipment i need to buy (not convinced by SLR's will do the job) to get some decent images through it.

Unfortunately I spend my weekdays down in London where I won't get any chance for viewing, but look forward to my weekends back home in Wales to make the most of the scope.

So it's hi from me, and i'll try not to bombard you all too much with newbie questions :)

// Carl

Archived