Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mirror recoating?

Is that an SCT or Newtonian ?

/callump

Newtonian.

Thanks everyone, Galvoptics it is then (when I can get the cash together!). I'll Google them for their address and prices. :)

I don't use the 8" much these days, partly due to the knackered mirror, but it'll be a nice back up and 'star party scope'. I was given it a few years ago, along with the Vixen GP mount it's on.

Do these do a hi lux coating Steve. What sort of wave is it.

Sorry for the delay Mick. Well, when I heard that the mirrors were being recoated for me by the previous owner, I set about investigating Galvoptics and rang them up to ask about the value of "hi-lux" or other such coatings.

Consistently, they reckoned that the difference would be hardly discernable (but they would say that wouldn't they...). Of course, any visit to the OO web site will tell a pretty compelling story to the contrary and that the differences are visible so frankly, I'm just a little confused - not by the physics, but how such a difference isn't so obvious.

However, until I learn otherwise, I'd recommend them for their extremely professional capability outside of the amatuer astronomical circles.

Archived