Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt on M57

gost

Monday night I did my first try on M57 since I updated my LXD55 mount with teflon bearings. It's also the first exposure of M57 with my Nikon D300 camera. Next time I will try to use my 2x barlow to get even closer. This image is croped.

I've ordered a belt conversion kit to my mount, so in the future the guiding should be more precise allowing longer exposures.

M57_20090824.jpg

Telescope: Meade LXD55 SN6" 762mm/f5

Camera: Nikon D300 in prime focus

Exposure: RAW format, 10x60 sec @ ISO 800

Guiding: Autostar GoTo

PP: DSS using 20 dark frames, no bias or flats

Thats really good, I bet you are pleased with th result. It's a small object really and getting in closer is hard without long exposures, but the results are more than worth the effort.

Cheers

TJ

Nice amount of detail in that. I have an LXD75 mount and I am not a fan so use it for visual stuff now. I take it with new bearings and the belt should be much better.

Neil C

The new bearing did a lot. Now it's much smoother to operate. It will be nice to see what the belt drive will do. I'll let you know if you're interested.

Archived