Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fireball trail?

Kain

While I was at work this morning, we heard a bang outside (around 11ish), having gone outside there was not a sole about, however I did spot this..

trail.jpg

At first I thought it was a contrail, but on closer inspection, it looked nothing like the contrails in the sky at the time..

I was wondering if it could have been a fireball?

I'm probably totally wrong, but meh!

Kain

While I was at work this morning, we heard a bang outside (around 11ish), having gone outside there was not a sole about, however I did spot this..

trail.jpg

At first I thought it was a contrail, but on closer inspection, it looked nothing like the contrails in the sky at the time..

I was wondering if it could have been a fireball?

I'm probably totally wrong, but meh!

Kain

I maybe a amateur :D But I`d definatley say that was a fireball trail.

1)No plane about

2)it`s not that long of a trail

3)its got a slightly rounded towards the end of it on the left.

4)Kain heard a bang.

So yer i`d say it was a fireball.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed it could be something else, but the were some VHC - Very High Cirrus about, these clouds form at about -40 - 60oC so it could have been instantly turned to ice..

Either way, we will probably never know, but it's cool to wonder :D

Kain

• 2 weeks later...

I must be showing my age here, but when I read the subject heading, I thought "Fireball XL5". Now there is a blast from the past - must be 40 years ago - anybody else remember it?

I know ..... I am off topic - sorry

Tom

Archived