Hi from Sussex

chuckles

Hi guys ive just come across this forum and its fab! I have always had an interest in stars, I have just moved to the country side where the sky is stunning at night. So its kicked me up the backside to finally learn alot more about the night sky.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chuckles, :)

Welcome to SGL.

Im 15 mins north of brighton.

When I get fed up with London's light pollution I take my scope down to my parents' house near Burgess Hill. (20 mins north of Brighton!) It's a lot better down there isn't it?

Liz

Hi Chuckles, :)

Welcome to SGL.

When I get fed up with London's light pollution I take my scope down to my parents' house near Burgess Hill. (20 mins north of Brighton!) It's a lot better down there isn't it?

Liz

Hi Liz im actually in Bolney so know Burgess Hill well. Yeah its a lovely place here!

Hello Chuckles, welcome to Sussex. I'm another one from your vicinity: Burgess Hill. I have to say, living as I do within the confines of a large town, I can't escape LP in my back garden :), but I agree it's a lot better once you get out of town. Bolney should be fine as long as you're some way from the A23!

You'll find there's quite a big cluster of astros living within a few miles' radius of you, including some of the most accomplished astroimagers we have. Whichs leads to the question: what sort of astronomy is on your mind?

Hello Chuckles, welcome to Sussex. I'm another one from your vicinity: Burgess Hill. I have to say, living as I do within the confines of a large town, I can't escape LP in my back garden :), but I agree it's a lot better once you get out of town. Bolney should be fine as long as you're some way from the A23!

You'll find there's quite a big cluster of astros living within a few miles' radius of you, including some of the most accomplished astroimagers we have. Whichs leads to the question: what sort of astronomy is on your mind?

Well i did A level physics and i chose the cosmology modual as one of my studies. Ever since then ive always had a passion for stars etc. At the moment im learning the constellations as they have always fascinated me. Also seeing saturns rings would be a dream come true.

There is a field out the back of mine thats not too bad for viewing but im sure ill need to go deeper in to get the best results. Wow sounds like ive moved to the right area then lol :)

Archived