SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Maybe up and running again soon

As you know I sent the handcontroller back to D Hinds for testing some weeks ago, just heard from them....

the controller is knackered and cant be fixed so I have ordered a new one. Although the scope has a 2 year

warrenty they wont honour it as I'm the 2nd owner but I,m getting it for what I think is cost (£75) and it will have the new sky align technoligy installed so that may be a bonus.

So with a bit of luck this will be the problems with the scope sortedand I will be out again soon, which is just as well as I've been a bit ****** off for the last few weeks with missing some clear skies

M2

Am I the only one seething at David Hind's response to your warranty claim! I don't see what business it is of the retailer who owns the scope provided you can provide a receipt. By Mr Hinds criteria if you bought it to give to someone as a Christmas present he wouldn't cover it under warranty because of the change of ownership!!!!!

Martin, I don't think you should be fobbed off so easily. A quick call to your local tradings standards office should clarify the situation.

This does seem to be the unacceptable face of the astro retail business :D

Celestron offer a TWO YEAR WARRANTY on all imported and self-manufactured telescopes. This is not a David Hinds warranty. Maybe the Celestron warranty includes something about the original purchaser but the whole thing stinks.

seems like Dave has two standards here , i bought my second gps from a guy it was 1 year old and had a two year warranty , i went and saw Dave who said no prob Rog , have you got the receipt. i showed him and he honered the existing years warranty.

So if i was Martin i would not except that.

Rog

I have the reciept. I am going to take issue with D Hinds but after I recieve the controller, I think it stinks as well as does the time it took for them to test the old one, at the moment my maon concern is to get back out there with the scope.

M2

Archived