Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope Shops - Google Maps Update

Nice looking map!

Just a note, the shop you have marked in Knighton (Shropshire) is only open half the year. Not sure which part of the year though I suspect winter. Also, you have Orion Optics marked as online only, but I emailed them a couple of months ago and they said I was more than welcome to come in and have a look around. They aren't a traditional shop, but you can still visit them.

that's really useful, thank you.

There's a definate shortage of anything in the West Midlands though, you would think that living in the centre of the country (well Coventry anyway), that there would be something nearby, however it seems to be one of the furthest points from any shop in England and Wales! :)

It seems a bit like that with Ebay though, everything I find is in some coastal location, never the midlands! Still, it makes me buy less!!:) Can you imagine if there was an astro shop nearby!!

Great Map!! Here's another shop or two.

Ace Cameras.

10 South Walk Yate, Bristol

BS37 4AU

Tel: 01454 325 302

Fax: 01454 321 918

Click Here For A Map

Open 0830 to 1730 Monday To Saturday

Ace Cameras For Best Deals on Digital Cameras, SLR Cameras, Video Cameras, Astronomical, Optics, Binoculars and Telescopes.

Also have a shop in Bath:

16 Green Street

Bath

BA1 2JZ

Tel: 01225 466 975

Fax: 01225 469 761

Click Here For A Map

Open 0845 to 1800 Monday To Saturday (0900 to 1800 Sat)

• 2 months later...

Great idea. However, I think you'll find that South West Optics in Truro haven't sold astro gear for some time, although they do sell telescopes so, strictly speaking, it is a telescope shop but not in the sense we all mean. Hope that makes sense!!

Stan

that's really useful, thank you.

There's a definate shortage of anything in the West Midlands though, you would think that living in the centre of the country (well Coventry anyway), that there would be something nearby, however it seems to be one of the furthest points from any shop in England and Wales! :)

It seems a bit like that with Ebay though, everything I find is in some coastal location, never the midlands! Still, it makes me buy less!!:) Can you imagine if there was an astro shop nearby!!

I used to live in Coventry. Moved to Kent, our nearest shop ( Telescope House) is about 45 miles away, soon to be moving another 20 miles further. At least you have Sherwoods close by.

Funny, when i look on Ebay for stuff, its all in the Midlands!

Allan

• 1 year later...

Thanks to BlueAstra for the google map of telescope shops. I was looking for one near me in Galloway. Only Viking Optical in Scotland and they don't carry a deal of stock, but were friendly and helpful and could get whatever was required for one. I do like to get my hands on kit before buying. Doesn't seem to be anything in the whole of Alba and the north of England! Anyone got any info which would help. By the by, I go to Rother Valley Opticals when I'm down south and found them to be helpful, friendly and carry a good varied stock of scopes, accessories and cameras.

Archived