Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 - Summer is really here!

steppenwolf

Last night when it finally got dark, I could see the Milky Way for only the second time this year and what a beautiful sight it was too!

Not an original or inspired choice but it had to be The North America and Pelican Nebula and my first try at it with my focal reducer and M25C through a Skywatcher 80 ED refractor. 20 X 300 second subframes with BIAS and FLATS. I actually took 27 subs but I could not believe how bright the sky appeared so early in the morning - the nights really are short, I reckon 3 hours from my location maximum which will teach me not to get the binoculars out until the imaging session is well under way ...

ngc7000_290609_l.jpg

Excellent Steve - this kind of photograph to my eyes is almost like a professional shot of 10 years ago.

It's brilliant.

I can almost imagine how much pleasure you must get out of creating these images. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your comments folks. Summer is a difficult time for DSO imaging and I am fortunate to be at Lat. 50 53 58 but it is a great time for capturing nebulosity in the overhead area of the sky and Cygnus is awash with the stuff!

Archived