Hi from Italy

Antlab

Hi all.

My name is Antonino. I live in Florence, Italy, (yes, Galileo here is everywhere) and have a degree in Physics. At present I teach at a high school and, for the past few years, my interest in astronomy has been rekindled. So now I signed up to this forum, to connect with other astronomy enthusiasts.

Regards

Antonino

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Antlab said:

Hi all.

My name is Antonino. I live in Florence, Italy, (yes, Galileo here is everywhere) and have a degree in Physics. At present I teach at a high school and, for the past few years, my interest in astronomy has been rekindled. So now I signed up to this forum, to connect with other astronomy enthusiasts.

Regards

Antonino

Hi Antonino, and a special welcome from a fellow Physics teacher :)  What a gorgeous city you live in, I don't know how dark the sky is for astronomy but it's a place that just nourishes the soul. You will find SGL a most excellent place to be. 

Jim 

Ciao Antonino! welcome to SGL, my wife is Italian and we have been to beautiful Florence. We remember visiting the Galileo museum, I can’t wait to go back especially for the gelato! also, Galileo cannot be there because I have him here with me! 😆

image.jpg

Edited by Sunshine

Welcome Antonino and, like others here, I also think that Florence is a beautiful city. I hope that you find everything you need to inspire you but be aware that all this inspiration comes at some cost. You will become infected by an illness we call GAS - this stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrone 🤣 which can mean your wife has to go without some of that lovely (and expensive) stylish Italian fashion in order to pay for all the new Astro equipment that fellow Star Gazers will talk about.

Tony

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...