Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photo bombed Sun

After a massive hiatus, I managed to get out and image the Sun yesterday. Over a few frames on one video, I found this!

2024-05-04-1104_9-B.K.-L-Sol_f1250.thumb.png.c0a90ef01afb3dd8dcf39550fcd2a75e.png2024-05-04-1104_9-B.K.-L-Sol_pipp.gif.ae16ef7d1fdce0cda9ed69733066078a.gif

Startravel 80 on a CGEM mount, using a Zwo 385mc with  IDAS LPS-P1 filter.

Captured in Firecapture. Processed in Autostakkert4 & Siril

• Like 19

Posted (edited)

Nice one! Weird isn't it? Most of us dislike artificial objects interfering with our views of the sky, yet I do like a plane transit 😄, I also saw one yesterday. Maybe it was the same one?

Edited by Roy Challen

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Roy Challen said:

Nice one! Weird isn't it? Most of us dislike artificial objects interfering with our views of the sky, yet I do like a plane transit 😄, I also saw one yesterday. Maybe it was the same one?

I think it is very unlikely with your registered locations being so far apart. The sun is very small on the sky.

Edited by Rusted
Typo

9 minutes ago, Rusted said:

I think it is very unlikely with your registered locations being so far apart. The sun is very small on the sky.

Aaaah, but was it the same sun? 😂

3 hours ago, Ags said:

Aaaah, but was it the same sun? 😂

Objection! Argumentative! :tongue2:

• Haha 1

Cor, that's a fab transit, well done! Did you not feel a drop it temp as it flew over and see the light dim? I enjoyed watching an airplane our way doing some loop-the-loops this morning. Must be quite a thrill!