NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eclipse at Poplar Bluff Missouri

mrpizza

I traveled 900 miles with no guarantee of clear skies but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.  I set up using a Losmandy G11 with an Orion EON80 and Canon 7Ti at prime focus.  All shot at ISO100 and exposed   1/800  1/250  1/30 respectively.

Chris

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

I spent 2 minutes bracketing exposures using the Canon app on my phone which made it very easy and fast.  I went up to 2 seconds but that blew everything out.  I spent the last 2 minutes looking at the sky, Jupiter and Venus were very bright but Saturn was in the tree line.  I set up in a parking area for a Trail Head with about 10 other cars.  I was the only one with equipment for photography.  I got to meet some interesting people who also traveled some distance.  Funny thing was there were no locals there.

image000000(1).jpg

Excellent images!

I wish I had took a moment to change my exposure to catch the prominence, but when it went total, I just watched the spectacle with the rest of the gathered crowd. 

The wife and I went to Cape Girardeau.