Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fforest Fields / Mid Wales Light Pollution Threat

Many of us have camped at the Fforest Fields campsite or stayed at other places in Mid Wales to enjoy the the dark skies there. But I would just like to draw everyones attention to the possible ending of this. Bute Energy Wales is proposing a large number of wind farms in Mid & South Wales which will all have Mega Wind Turbines. By this I mean they will not be the the standard 80m tall wind turbines we see everywhere all the time but huge 220m (740 feet) tall turbines (as high a 70 storey building). As direct result each turbine will need bright aircraft anti-collision lighting on all night. As you can imagine this will negatively impact the pristine dark skies for miles around.

Fforest Fields campsite will be 500m DUE NORTH of one of the proposed wind farms with 16 Mega Turbines on hills to the south- not good.

Bute Energy's Mega Wind Farms are sill in the planning stages- there is an opportunity to have your say about the 120m weather mast they are putting in first (also with bright anti collision lighting). If we can stop the test mast we might be able to prevent light pollution at this site (and others across Wales). If you object to Mid Wales dark skies being ruined you can have your say here:

https://pa.powys.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=SA8PIVMPLQA00

Details of Bute Energy's plans to put mega turbine windfarms across Wales here:

Our Portfolio - Bute

Night Turbine.jpg

Edited by laser_jock99
Picture added
  • Sad 7

Done, but I doubt it will do much good, not least because looking a little deeper, they only appear to want to hear from locals, not visitors. I hope I am wrong...:sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Very depressing news as the Welsh government seems to be very keen on these projects. I have objected to this application for the mast as it is the thin end of the wedge on the path to the Aberedw Energy Park application with its 200 metre plus turbines which will be an absolute abomination. The Energy Park will be a separate application and the early stage consultation is now closed. The application for a mast at another proposed Energy Park site, Llyn Lort 23/1329/FUL has already been approved.

Edited by Davidv
Said mast instead of turbine.
  • Like 1