Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan Wi-Fi adaptor password

I am having trouble trying to connect my  new synscan wifi adaptor to my skywatcher neq6pro mount. My issue is the instruction manual does advise what the default ssid password is for yhe initial first time connection. Apparently its supposed to be open, so no password is required. However “join” does not become selectable until i enter an 8 character password for the ssid. 
i have also done a factory reset on the adaptor but still requires an 8 character password. 
I’ve tried 12345678, password, 00000000 and a few others to no avail.

my router wifi survey feature shows that the ssid uses wpa2 encryption.

Has anyone else had the same experience ? Did anyone have the password ?

No I have used 2 and they are always open - no password required. Wonder if it is worth doing a reset? I have never had to do it or tried it, but the manual says

4. Factory Reset If you forget the password of the adapter’s access point, the adapter will need to be reset to the factory default for accessing. The adapter can be reset to factory default after it’s powered on and not accessed for 1 hour.

Otherwise did you buy it from a retailer - if so, ask them, and if no satisfactory answer I guess you can always send it back as it doesn't work.

I tried the factory reset you described but it’s still the same. Any ideas would be appreciated. The attached images shows wpa2 encrption is in play so it’s not an open network. Any ideas anyone ?IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.c4169baa58b780f98fa9dc5ad0b6d421.jpegIMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.c4169baa58b780f98fa9dc5ad0b6d421.jpeg

As soon as WIFI is mentioned I get cold sweats!

I have a Skywatcher Star Discovery mount which has built in WIFI which I've tried to use on my phone and tablet and had nothing but trouble with it.

After getting everything set up and I think I'm ready to go it goes haywire not going where its supposed to not tracking properly and repeatedly and constantly having to re star align.

I had a spare (good old) Synscan hand controller and as soon as I started using that instead all my frustrations melted away.😎

Edited by Les Ewan

10 hours ago, Starshooter1 said:

I tried the factory reset you described but it’s still the same. Any ideas would be appreciated. The attached images shows wpa2 encrption is in play so it’s not an open network. Any ideas anyone ?IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.c4169baa58b780f98fa9dc5ad0b6d421.jpegIMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.c4169baa58b780f98fa9dc5ad0b6d421.jpeg

I'm slightly confused by the screenshot - shouldn't the SSID for direct connection be showing as Synscan_xxxxxxxx? There's nothing like that on your list - have you changed the SSID or are you trying to connect to the synscan adapter via you home network?

It sounds like the same issue I had. There is too much WiFi interference in your area and the dongle is resorting to its chipset default not SynScan default. The link that @happy-kat provided explains how I fixed it….  

Once you can access it via the SynScan app you should be able to change the channel number to a less used one which should fix it (you may need to keep the tinfoil on until you’ve done that though).

HTH

😊

Edited by Dazzyt66