NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Linking Laptop to Scope. (Driver Problems)

Been trying tolink the 2 together for hours now but even the drivers that came with the converter cable are not working.

My scope user guide says to use the drivers from the planetarium software of my choice but i can not find the drivers in stellarium.

Is anyone able to help or do i need a different planetarium software?

Any help would be great.

Scot.

Could be your USB to serial adpator. Not all adaptors are fully bi-directional RS232 and you do need this to work properly.

Perhaps if your adaptor has a model number you could check with a supplier to see if it is.

John

John has a good point. Not all USB/serial adapters are equal! Does the pc recognise the adapter in device manager tab? You need to check baud rate settings and make sure the correct COM port has been selected.

Got the driver downloaded just having trouble with getting it working on my laptop.

It recognises that it's linkedup just nothing else happens.:s

Did you download and install both the ascom platform and celestron drivers for skywatcher mount?

Regards

Vincent.

I downloaded the ASCOM Platform as well as the Celestron Unified driver.

Installed the Ascom then the celestron and chose my mount from the celestrons list.

After that it offered up settings for Long - Lat as well as 2 Control devices which i'm still getting my head around at the moment.

But it allows me to fully control the scope as well as track from laptop.

Just looking at a webcam to invest in now so i can see what i'm looking at.

(Vista doesn't like my current webcam)

Archived