Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scam ads in the Classified section

tomato

I don't think it matters about posting but where people don't 'login' for an extended period them they should expect to be removed. I belong to other forums where that is the case. 18 months for one and I think 2 or 3 years for another.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, carastro said:

Hadn’t realised that.  Even worse.  I agree with what Zermelo suggests.  Remove access to lapsed members. 
Hopefully the system can be set up to do that   

Change the rule for posting for sale ads to requiring 50 posts in the past year.

• Like 1

I have no idea of what is possible, but how about putting a user into dormant account after a period of maybe one year of inactivity with an email sent to the user with so many days notice to either log in or make a post to refresh the account. Should the user return after the time out period, the user reverts to a new user.

Edit: I do appreciate that this site is wholly maintained by flo and requires I would suspect a fair amount of time to maintain, so I would have no problem with a small annual cost to maintain the safety of the site and its users.

Edited by M40

We can all think up ideas and barriers to hinder and obstruct these lowlifes, but being what they are they will only think up other avenues to circumvent said obstacles. Our best weapon against them is our vigilant members as has been proven over time.

• Like 2

It takes little effort if any to re register a new account if one's original account has been dropped due to inactivity. If the interest is to protect members from scams then removing dormant accounts is surely a lesser harm. No, this wouldn't prevent all scams but it would certainly mitigate against other scam activity and would be relatively easy to implement. 

Jim

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ags said:

Change the rule for posting for sale ads to requiring 50 posts in the past year.

It would probably result in a lot less  dogies   goodies in the window woof woof
I find the for sale section quite educational -ohh I didnt know that existed-  as well as tempting!