Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from southampton

Wayne Roberts

Hi all,

as the name says my name is wayne, I'm 30 years young and I'm quite new to stargazing. I started about 6 months ago with a good friend using he's scope, on our first night (which was he's also) we found saturn quite easy and found our selfs enjoying it and wanting to get better equipment.

Anyway sadly my grandad passed away a few weeks ago putting all looking up in the past on hold, and since i had no scope either i was mid way saving, I later found out i was left some money from my grandad for a scope and ended up buying a skywatcher 10" dopsonian, I'm looking forward to speak to u all and esp looking forward to looking up in the near future and learning alot more than i know atm.

:icon_rolleyes:

regards,

wayne

:icon_rolleyes: Hi and welcome to SGL, Wayne... so sorry to hear of your GranDad's passing.

Sounds like we both bought our first scopes with 'farewell money'... got mine from my Dad. This may sound odd but I can feel him out there with me sometimes. It's nice to be able to show him the sky he used to love so much but never got the chance to explore.

;) Hi and welcome to SGL, Wayne... so sorry to hear of your GranDad's passing.

Sounds like we both bought our first scopes with 'farewell money'... got mine from my Dad. This may sound odd but I can feel him out there with me sometimes. It's nice to be able to show him the sky he used to love so much but never got the chance to explore.

well they say to look up is to look back. well i always say anyway :icon_rolleyes:

my grandad prefered the sun more than anything though, but its on the "todo" list for things to look at. using old scope and filters etc.

and nice to see people close to home noticed a few people around the area.

Hi Wayne, and welcome to SGL.

Bereavement, is never easy, and we all like to think that our parents and grandparents will always be there. If only :icon_rolleyes:.

However, life for those remaining has to go on, and celebrating the life of those departed, and remembering the 'good times', is the best way forward.

Dave

Hi Wayne - Welcome to you. I lost both my parents recently - my dad after a long and very painful illness and my mum out of the blue. As a result of the (very small £) left my them both, I too bought a scope and got back to this fantastic hobby.

I'm sure your grandad would be happy to think that you had spent what he left to you on your scope, and I just know that everytime you look through it, you'll be thinking of them.

Again, welcome.

Hi Wayne and welcome, my dad got me interested in science and astronomy. Sadly he passed away a long time ago but so much of what he taught me is still here with me - thats extra true when using the telescope.

You'll see some great stuff with that scope.

Archived