Hello from Lancashire

MightyMike

How do everyone, Im mike, 18 from Preston in Lancashire.

Just stumbled upon this forum, so I thought I'd jump in and say hi.

I've been into Astronomy for a while but ive only just got my first telescope, a nice little 60mm refractor:D

Hi. Mike. Welcome to the SGL Forum.

Is the refractor a Tasco? One of my first scopes was a 60mm Frac.

Got some nice lunar and double star views with it.

PNE. In the playoffs I see. A chance to get back to the Premier League.

Ron.:icon_rolleyes:

Cheers for the welcome all.

Barkis, nope its a meade telestar. Not really had a chance to use it yet, the clouds dont seem to like me these days:clouds1:

And fingers crossed, brilliant game today:D:D

:icon_rolleyes: It is a well known phenomena Mike, that whenever Astro kit has been purchased, it incurs the Wrath of the Cloud Gods.

There is no antidote, and we just have to grin and bear it.

HehHehHeh!.

Ron.;)

Hi Mike, not far from you. From Wigan myself.

I've been here for a couple months and it's great, you'll learn loads by asking questions or even just generally browsing. Everyone is dead friendly.

James.

Hi Mike,

I'm just down the road from you in Blackpool and my youngest daughter is at UCLAN.

I've been in and out of this hobby for 40 years or so. Currently I have a Celestron C9.25 SCT, a William Optics Megrez 72 APO refractor, a Celestron 60 mm refractor, a TAL 150mm Newtonian reflector, a Skywatcher EQ6 Pro computerised GEM mount and a Celestron SLT computerised alt az mount together with a number of cameras both astronimical and terrestial (I have been a semi pro photographer in the past) together with binos and a Lubitel Mak.

Welcome to SGL. You will find it a very friendly and informative forum for gaining expert advise and expanding your knowledge in this most interesting hobby.

Brinders

You're a lucky guy; I had to start out with a 50mm Tasco ;)

You'd think im even luckier if you found out how much I paid for it :icon_rolleyes:

And robbieince, good stuff! Good to know theres other astronomers nearby:hello2:

Archived