Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 2024 Challenge 1 - Narrowband

Abell 24 is a beautiful flower-like PN in Canis Minor is 2300 LY away from us, and spans 6 arc-minutes, corresponding to a 4 LY diameter. Here is a HOO image of it that I took 12th Mars with the Planewave CDK 17" that we in the Swedish Amateur Astronomical Society is running at the IC Astronomy Observatory, Oria, Spain, and which can be booked for use by the members. Camera is a ASI6200MM and the filters used were Baader Ha 3.5 nm (14 x 5 min) and Chroma Oiii 3 nm (15 x 5 min). I also collected RGB for the stars but it is not used here since I see that RGB data is forbidden in the rules. Processed in PI and PS, including the XTerminator tools.

The image reveals some central Oiii in the nebula, but it is weak compared to the dominant Ha emission so I had to stretch the Oiii signal a bit more than Ha to make it appear.

Cheers, Göran

20240312 Abell24 MWT HaOiii NyPS1sign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 5

NGC 2237 - Rosette Nebula

Another one from me.

I've wanted to image this for a while but other targets over the winters have had my attention, not this time as this is a fantastically colourful target strong in S2, HA and O3. The Hyperstar 6 and 183 config allowed me to frame it reasonably well too. It was slightly frustrating to image due to the weather, three productive sessions in January then had to wait until the start of March to get the last bandpass and haven't imaged since. It's getting more and more difficult to image here and I've only been doing it a handful of years and have noticed the weather change in such a short time.

Anyway I digress, hope you enjoy the colour in this one, kept a slight green in it as it looks a bit soulless as plain yellow/gold/blue Hubble Pallette, one of the things I find wonderful about this target is the rich blue you can see in it. I decided to present it starless as the natural form of the nebula draws your eyes into it (and I'm not done with this target yet), also enjoy it at the 183's relatively decent resolution. Pre processed in Siril, Starnet, slight Topaz, manual PS/GIMP. No PI or RC tools.

NGC2237 - Rosette Nebula SHO - January - March 2024 - doimg - Copy.jpg

• Like 4

The Crab Nebula taken on the 23rd March 2024 using a Sky-watcher 250Pds, ZWO ASI533mc and L-eXtreme filter. New to the world of "Big scopes" so quite pleased with this given the limited cloud window I had.

Crabnebulacopy.thumb.jpg.f7534fe644e465503e058ec1e08b558e.jpg

Edited by Bikingbill
Typo
  • Like 3

Rosette Nebula imaged on the 26th March using a SW Esprit 100 and an ASI 294 MC PRO with an Optolong L’Enhance dual narrowband filter on an EQ6RPRO.  21 x 300 sec subs, All processed in Pixinsight

Rosette Nebula (1 of 1).jpeg

Edited by Tom33
  • Like 3

Rosette Nebula in SHO

Two panel SHO mosaic captured between 07-Jan-24 and 27-Feb-24. Further image acquisition details can be found on my astrobin page: https://www.astrobin.com/z36geu/

Processing was completed using Pixinsight to produce a more natural RGB colour palette compared with your typical SHO colour palette(s). Per competition rules, all data was captured using SHO filters so there is no LRGB broadband data present in this image.  See my Stargazerslounge post below for more information on this processing technique :)

Rosette_mosaic_rgb_17hrs.thumb.jpg.066480f3fcd01c276ef5dcf06b568362.jpg

• Like 6

What and incredible thread of images well done to all! A very late in the day image here that's been sitting in my done pile for a long time an I forgot about it! Image was taken over two nights on the 19/01 and 26/01. Ha captured on the 19th and Oiii on the 26th. 

SW HEQ5 Pro, WO Redcat 51

Ha 51*300

Oiii 69*300

Imaged stacked and process in Pixinsight and drizzled 2*

image.thumb.jpeg.3d0ac387a01e385762df2219130e2fe9.jpeg

Thanks Simon 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...