Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter - 1 Dec 2023 (final annotated)

geoflewis

After a lot of versions, discussions and feedback from members, especially @Kon and @Space Cowboy, I've settled on this result for my recent Jupiter image, now annotated for submission to John Rogers, BAA Jupiter section director.

Jupiter_2023Dec1_21101_gdbl_rgb.jpg.5c69d8a49cb615489e56559716caba91.jpg

After lots of experimentation, including trying to match Damian Peach's colour balance, which even included me sharing one of my versions with Damian, for whch his feedback was excellent data for the UK, but too yellow, so in the end I've pretty much gone back to my usual colours.

Sorry if any of you are tired seeing yet another version, but I wanted to share the final image, hence a separate thread.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Kon said:

Nice to see the end result; it has the Geof look which I have been trying to achieve . Excellent work  and processing. I have learnt a lot from our discussions.

Thanks Kostas and likewise I have found our discussions both stimulating and educational.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Looking on my big monitor and it looks even better! The larger scale really opens out the detail giving it a more "gaseous feel" especially the north pole region.

That's great to know, thanks Stuart. I don't have a large monitor, so do all my processing on a 15" laptop screen, which presents it's own challenges when looking for noise, etc.

• Like 1

As usual thats a stunning image Geof

I was out that night to & can see what I got a lot clearer in your image. Its really nice to see what the detail should look like when processed well. Looks superb 👍

• Thanks 1