SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter at opposition (3/11/23)

Kon

I managed to image Jupiter at opposition this morning. Awful conditions, windy, clouds and full blown jetstream (although it did not look like it in the maps). Despite this, two colour captures derotated and two IR captures 30 mins apart. My usual 8" setup.

opposition-c1.png.4e23083a3c30e8fa2dc0f4090da775af.pngimage.png.85a34d2cad988acde9355d4d066333ad.pngimage.png.d51572b8378592bd91ca1aadbe3d8966.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 17

Well done Kostas, those turned out well. It's clear, though very breezy here this morning, but wasn't clear last night, just wet and very windy. I didn't have the desire to get out of my warm bed at 4am to check whether the conditions were worth trying for the actual time of opposition.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Well done Kostas, those turned out well. It's clear, though very breezy here this morning, but wasn't clear last night, just wet and very windy. I didn't have the desire to get out of my warm bed at 4am to check whether the conditions were worth trying for the actual time of opposition.

Thanks Geof. I stayed up until 130 and it kept getting worst and worst so you did not miss much. At least I have it for the record. It mabe be ok tonight but I am not holding my breath for good seeing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Nicely captured Kostas! I bow to your persistence 👏

Thansk Stuart. It's nice to have got it but I am jealous seeing images of other imagers from abroad getting spectacular seeing. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

What could we have got with that June seeing lol

I think we need to let June rest...😂....so many good captures that the imaging gods are punishing us now. I will probably tell my future grand children  about June 2023  😂. .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

What could we have got with that June seeing lol

1 hour ago, Kon said:

I think we need to let June rest...😂....so many good captures that the imaging gods are punishing us now. I will probably tell my future grand children  about June 2023  😂. .

Sounds like I missed something; I think that I didn't even open the observatory in June this year..... :crybaby2:

39 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Sounds like I missed something; I think that I didn't even open the observatory in June this year..... :crybaby2:

Venus imaging was one of the best for Stuart and I. Most days it was as if the atmosphere had disappeared. You may want to look into a UV filter soon 😜?

See Stuart's amazing animation:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/410693-venus-uv-animations-june-34/#comment-4387463

And my best captures here:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/410519-venus-clouds-under-excellent-conditions-34-june-2023/#comment-4386079

image.png.86400afbe912a73707e22cb2e66975ab.png

Edited by Kon

On 03/11/2023 at 14:11, Kon said:

June 2014 was pretty good too 😎 I'm not letting experiences like that rest.....without those memories i'd be packing this in lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

June 2014 was pretty good too 😎 I'm not letting experiences like that rest.....without those memories i'd be packing this in lol

What? Are you telling me that I have to wait another decade for some decent weather? I should move back to Greece or setup a remote observatory there 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, orion25 said:

Love, love, LOVE the colors you brought out in the first image. The textures in all of the images are exquisite.

Reggie

Thanks Reggie. It is frustrating when I know I can do better if the seeing was better but good to have it for the record.

• Like 1