Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus clouds under excellent conditions (3+4 June 2023)

Kon

The weather this weekend was amazing (I do not remember such stable seeing for a long time despite the wind). I managed two sessions on Venus and both revealed nice structures. The clouds really changed between the two days. False colour IR/sG/UV. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mm, UV and IR filters )astromania), 2.5xTV powermate. First is from the 3rd and second from the 4th. Both captured at daylight (~1845 UTC).

image.png.8c30b1d4a01035a197bc230effa9735c.pngimage.png.f30ff29ca9f256febd1a3296603747ea.png

• Like 18

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

3rd is good. 4th is sublime. Congrats on getting these. What great work you and Stuart have been doing. 

Thanks Neil. I was taken aback by the capture on the 4th. Not a sign of atmospheric disturbance. I want to revisit the data as I am sure I can pull more out of them. I have more videos from each day to play with.

Just now, Kon said:

Thanks Neil. I was taken aback by the capture on the 4th. Not a sign of atmospheric disturbance. I want to revisit the data as I am sure I can pull more out of them. I have more videos from each day to play with.

As i said to Stuart just keep gathering data while the conditions are good. Then you can sit back. And spend time processing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Fabulous images Kostas! Love your colour balance, nice and clean!

Thanks Stuart. These took really long to process as I felt I could pull quite a bit of details out. I want to have another go at them. I hope you are out tonight as it was looking excellent earlier on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kon said:

Thanks Stuart. These took really long to process as I felt I could pull quite a bit of details out. I want to have another go at them. I hope you are out tonight as it was looking excellent earlier on.

Look forward to seeing your latest shots! I had to miss last night but will be trying for rest of week.

Excellent and beautiful images, your images have been both inspiring and helpful to me by verifying what I am getting in my bright glare filled basic images as I try to document the phases which I plan on posting sometime in August. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StarDuke82 said:

Excellent and beautiful images, your images have been both inspiring and helpful to me by verifying what I am getting in my bright glare filled basic images as I try to document the phases which I plan on posting sometime in August. Thank you. 

Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing your images later in the summer.