Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Order In Which To View Objects During a session

Jiggy 67

4 minutes ago, John said:

I'm very impressed at how organised and systematic people are about planning observing sessions 👍

Makes me feel a little guilty for my rather casual approach 🙄

I might have one of two targets in mind but after that it's whatever takes my fancy. Typical "space tourist" 😉

Nothing wrong with that approach John, I used to do that too before I became more aware of what I wanted to (hopefully) achieve.

I can't do your approach these days, my sky knowledge is suffering due to lack of practice.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

I will upgrade to SS7, seems a more sophisticated option, hope I can share my lists.  Think I have seen mention of this somewhere in help menu.

If you make sure everything is syncd to live sky in SS6 before you upgrade, then it'll be there in SS7 after the upgrade.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, globular said:

I'm on pro, so it's definitely in that one.  Might be in plus too though - the app info page should explain the differences between the versions.

Bingo, ss7 plus does it. It looks a very interesting app with a lot of functionality.

I shall have a proper look later, cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I'm very impressed at how organised and systematic people are about planning observing sessions 👍

Makes me feel a little guilty for my rather casual approach 🙄

I might have one of two targets in mind but after that it's whatever takes my fancy. Typical "space tourist" 😉

Nothing like “old school “ is there John….you could probably find a fly on the dark side of Europa, but the rest of us need a little help!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Nothing like “old school “ is there John….you could probably find a fly on the dark side of Europa, but the rest of us need a little help!! 🤣🤣

I was told by the chair of my astro society a short while back that "that boat has long sailed" when I was talking about using star charts, star hopping etc, etc to find targets. Rather sad ☹️

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, John said:

I was told by the chair of my astro society a short while back that "that boat has long sailed" when I was talking about using star charts, star hopping etc, etc to find targets. Rather sad ☹️

Well we still doing it, I still hop on the skytee 2 with my fracs, just that less and less use of paper and more use of electronic maps but I get what you mean. 

• Like 1