Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A rather soft Jupiter (14/10/23)

Kon

I had a go at Jupiter last night. Despite the nice transparency after the rain, Jetstream was causing a havoc and it is obvious in the final image, no fine details. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mc, 2.5xTV powermate, UV/IR cut.

image.png.9bf799e3fd3c43105d70d6400b6a0f9d.png

• Like 14

37 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Any image is an achievement at the moment Kostas. Even better getting the GRS 🙂

Thanks Stuart. I was getting desperate to get out after a long week. In the end, visual was the best last night, rather stable compared to the imaging.

33 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Well done Kostas for getting out imaging. As Stuart say's any image is an achievement, I have always found the conditions play havoc straight after the heavy rain hopefully looking better for tonight👍

Thanks Martyn. Jetstream is looking awful for tonight too. Later in the week it should be more stable. But I am sure we will all be out trying 😉

Nice image despite the conditions  👍

I was out too, enjoying a really clear sky when a sudden strong gust of wind arrived, followed 10 seconds later by heavy rain, everything got wet in the dash to get it all back indoors.

Lancashire, Hey ho 🤷🏻

Edited by dweller25
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dweller25 said:

Nice image despite the conditions  👍

I was out too, enjoying a really clear sky when a sudden strong gust of wind arrived, followed 10 seconds later by heavy rain, everything got wet in the dash to get it all back indoors.

Lancashire, Hey ho 🤷🏻

Thanks. I hope you managed to get everything in without any damage from the rain. UK weather for us.

42 minutes ago, chiltonstar said:

Nice image, much as I saw it. I tried to image Uranus as well as J but the seeing was ppoor.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I tried Uranus too but clouds ruined the capture. Interestingly, Jupiter, Uranus and Saturn looked really stable at the eyepiece but during imaging they were very soft. Or maybe the incoming currents were the cause.

• Like 1