Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tulip and WR134 in Cygnus

Icesheet

First light for my Askar 400. Had been looking for something at this FL and couldn’t pass up an open box offer. It seems very well corrected for my 2600MC on first outing and love the simplicity of not fussing with spacing etc.

This is just over 3.5hrs on an area of Cygnus covering the Tulip Nebula and WR134. Had to throw away about 30% of subs due to dew I hadn’t noticed. Still, pretty happy with what I pulled out. May look to add more in the future. 

Askar FRA400 & ZWO ASI2600MC

44*300s with L-extreme 

Processed in PixInsight. 

IMG_2509.thumb.jpeg.b5a7d9f8c986ab62b98109f91e3c434f.jpeg

IMG_2509.thumb.jpeg.4496039f84607e7e8b37050354ff61e4.jpeg

IMG_2509.thumb.jpeg.3afb4c0aff56c4ae7e215dd33c333f43.jpeg

Edited by Icesheet
  • Like 20

36 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

Brilliant result, knocks my effort on WR 134 out of the field!

Thanks! Just seen your effort and it’s fantastic too. Much prefer the red in Ha that you have. I couldn’t bring out the O3 in WR134 without getting more pink hues in Ha. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Icesheet said:

Thanks! Just seen your effort and it’s fantastic too. Much prefer the red in Ha that you have. I couldn’t bring out the O3 in WR134 without getting more pink hues in Ha. 

I was going to re do a lot of it but its out of my field of view, hopefully next year with better weather Ill get closer to your image.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice..    Having recently discovered and been impressed by the Foraxx palette script for narrowband in PI  I'd suggest you run your data through it, it'll produce an SHO type image from either SHO or just HO data.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will definitely give that a try. Is it native to PixInsight or a 3rd party script?

Edit: Just googled, I see it’s a third party plugin.

Edited by Icesheet
  • Like 1