Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

International Space Station with my son (23/09/23)

I had a nice ISS imaging session with my 8.5 year old son tonight. It has been a while due to the times but at 749pm it was perfect. He was in control of the laptop and he was telling me if ISS was on the sensor, which was great help. He also managed a look through the finderscope and was amazed at the speed. Awful seeing with jetstream but using an IR pass filter we got some decent shots. Not my best but always special to capture them with my son. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mm, IR pass filter, 2.5x TV powermate.

iss3.png.e8e4a4297a42decab5244708f8da111e.pngiss2.png.4c9ab9e831d5a8128b51764e271586fc.pngiss1.png.21ce9e27f8f58eb516d7d268b0c4b746.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 27

11 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Incredible! if there was an astronaut outside, you would probably be able to  see them, amazing.

11 hours ago, Mandy D said:

You certainly should be able to, as evidenced by this video of astronaut, Steve Bowen taken by Thierry Legault.

http://www.astrophoto.fr/STS-133.html

Thank you both. I am not sure my setup has the resolving power even under excellent seeing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Amazing shots, I still am in awe of how you manage to track the ISS, it moves so darn fast!

Thanks. I have done it so many times that seems a routine process now. How are you getting along with ISS imaging? I remember you had some issues earlier this year.