Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Seestar S50 images

M40

24 minutes ago, M40 said:

Where are you guys getting these clear skies from???? I just about saw Jupiter through the mess last night, who are you paying?

Have to say those last two evenings were heaven sent . Back to normal today though ie wind and rain . Luck has run out ! 

45 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

Have to say those last two evenings were heaven sent . Back to normal today though ie wind and rain . Luck has run out ! 

You had two clear nights 😱 that's just being greedy,  I say, nay, demand that you share them out 😉:D

• Haha 2

Here is the Pacman Nebula hour and half with SeeStar then edited in Siril.  I find it very easy to look out of the window see clear skies and put out the SeeStar even if for 30 mins.  I would only put out main rig if 2 nights of clear skies now.

Now if they produced a SeeStar SXXX pro version I would be very tempted.....

PacmanNebula.jpg.b98a26fa8d04247af72b6c41ceec3781.jpg

• Like 7

Here is an image of IC 5068, about 40 mins, from 24 Nov, stacked FITS file processed in SIRIL.  This image did not get transferred to my smartphone because I moved out of range of the Seestar wifi more than once, so I had to access the FITS.  This is a lesser known nebula, total size about three degrees.  It is remarkable that the Seestar can pull this sort of image out of a slightly hazy and moonlit semi-urban sky. The lo-res unprocessed jpg is included for comparison.

IC 5068_10.0s_LP_20231124.jpg

Stacked_IC 5068_10.0s_LP_lores.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A Lunar image from the Seestar from last night. About 50% of c5000 frames stacked in PIPP and .tiff prepared in Autostakkert.

Final processing in Pixinsight. I also upscaled the image in GIMP to be honest, as it was heavily pixelated at 2mp resolution.

First attempt at Lunar with the S50. Will keep trying.

Winter_Moon2.thumb.jpg.5c2c3729f5d907c1da18705d35c782f5.jpg

• Like 8

M1 from Thursday eve. I only got 30 mins but the skies were dark. I took the stacked.fit file produced by seestar and post-processed it in Siril to get rid of the noise.

I like the result on both the nebula and the starfield that it produced.

M1_recomposition_30min.png

• Like 10

@ST_SteveIt really is a good little scope for what it is. It definitely fits my lifestyle, super easy to setup out back and be able to go back inside with the family and let it do its thing while I spend time with them and share what it's doing also with them. Don't have to spend forever setting it up, calibrating etc. can't wait for them to roll out the Mosaic mode to see what I can capture.  Clear Skies!

Edited by BagenAstro
  • Like 2

On 22/12/2023 at 03:02, BagenAstro said:

I've been able to capture and process some pretty good images from the S50.

Much as processing is not for me, I must say that you have got some great images there. What processing software did you use?

• Like 1

On 17/12/2023 at 23:28, Vertdad said:

First attempt with seester s50, suburban skies

M42_star_recomp_perfect.png

I think I've said this already, but anyway; it's a though the Seestar was designed to showcase M42. Maybe ZWO did exactly, that? Whether or not, you've captured what I call the Classic Orion Nebula.  Nicely done too!

• Like 2

M42 is quite a bright target, you can generally get similar results with a fixed dslr but need to take hundreds of photos. Also can do with Andromeda and Pleiades. Most other dso targets benefit from the tracking.

• Like 1