NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Seestar S50 images

M40

20 hours ago, DaveGarland said:

I've got my seestar set up with a power bank plugged into it, and I've only just noticed that the 100% power indicator is blue with a temperature symbol on it. Has anyone else noticed this? I assume it's telling me its cold? It's only 7c outside though. Screenshot_20231229_192655_Seestar.thumb.jpg.f16222ee29f184cc096f69396eb9fd11.jpg

I've been noticing this for the first time last few nights, tried looming one to find out what it was with no success. Assuming it's a cold indicator as well since it just started to do this when my area got into the 30F range.

• Like 1

This unit looks really interesting, with impressive results in this thread! I can see one of these in my future, for use at least when I don’t want to set up a full sized rig. I don’t yet have a smartphone, but presume it can be controlled by a Wi-Fi iPad.

Regards, Mike.

7 hours ago, mcrowle said:

This unit looks really interesting, with impressive results in this thread! I can see one of these in my future, for use at least when I don’t want to set up a full sized rig. I don’t yet have a smartphone, but presume it can be controlled by a Wi-Fi iPad.

Regards, Mike.

At the moment I don't think it does, maybe in the future perhaps. I asked the support team from Seestar about using a Chromebook, as its an android device, They said its possible but you have to jump through a lot of hoops and turn on developer stuff to get it to work. I expect it would be a similar thing with an Iphone to Ipad

• Thanks 1

Expecting delivery of S50 from FLO on Tuesday. I use an iPad too and going by the specs on FLO website I am expecting to be able to use the iPad - 

'iOs/iPadOs: OS 12 and up, iPhone 6s and later, iPad/iPad mini, iPad A/R, iPad Pro'

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 11:08, Soupir94 said:

Expecting delivery of S50 from FLO on Tuesday. I use an iPad too and going by the specs on FLO website I am expecting to be able to use the iPad - 

'iOs/iPadOs: OS 12 and up, iPhone 6s and later, iPad/iPad mini, iPad A/R, iPad Pro'

Fingers crossed.

I hope you can. Like I said I emailed the developer about using a Chromebook, they said possible but not recommended as the hoops you have to go through

Hopefully the S50 arrives tomorrow as expected and I can test. Will be indoor testing only though as the foul weather looks likely to persist here for the rest of the year!

I will report back.

Thanks 

15 hours ago, Soupir94 said:

Hopefully the S50 arrives tomorrow as expected and I can test. Will be indoor testing only though as the foul weather looks likely to persist here for the rest of the year!

I will report back.

Thanks 

Good Luck!

M51- Whirlpool Galaxy 

Integration: 27 Mins - 10s Subs

Processing: Sirl/ Gimp

Will definitely be revisiting M51 again surprised at the details I was able to capture with only 27 mins of data.

79f032ac-b501-48e2-a5f9-4ab364bc5780-fs-DeNoiseAI-severe-noise.png

• Like 8

59 Mins of Running Man and Upper Sword, quick toss into astro cooker just to see what data was there, definitely going to go into Siril with this one as it looks like there is quite a bit of data. M43_M42result.thumb.png.15b3f8439f60937691781799a6f47e3d.pngof detail.

• Like 5

On 01/01/2024 at 13:48, Soupir94 said:

I will report back.

Thanks 

The iPad works fine with the S50 so far although I haven't got it outdoors yet. Apparently people were using the iPhone app on the iPad to control their devices up until recently. But ZWO issued a firmware update a few weeks ago and now the iPad can be used in full screeen mode in both portrait and landscape. Looking forward to some cloud free nights to test this out fully.

Thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soupir94 said:

The iPad works fine with the S50 so far although I haven't got it outdoors yet. Apparently people were using the iPhone app on the iPad to control their devices up until recently. But ZWO issued a firmware update a few weeks ago and now the iPad can be used in full screeen mode in both portrait and landscape. Looking forward to some cloud free nights to test this out 

Was having same issues using it on the z fold 4 when it was fully open, but all works well now after the last firmware update.

• Like 2

First image, received S50 today and was imaging 10 minutes after unboxing, M42, bortle 5, between heavy cloud cover, 10 minutes imaging with 10 sec subs and fits file uploaded to astrocooker, total game changer for me

FB_IMG_1704407981596.jpg

Edited by PaulM
  • Like 8

Hi, given up on dry January already, but the SeeStar S50 is so easy to use someone who has had rather too many gin and tonics can still operate it....

Here is my 30 mins of M42 after looking out of the window to a lovely sky.  Processed in Siril.

M42Seestar.jpg

• Like 6

M1 \ M42 \ NGC 434 and NGC 2024 (Flame Nebula)

10 second subs, FITs uploaded to Astro cooker, TIFF downloaded with some minor adjustments in GIMP

FB_IMG_1704642185875.jpg

FB_IMG_1704642193257.jpg

FB_IMG_1704642200666.jpg

• Like 6