Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need Recommendations For Good DSLR Astromod's/quality Service etc

wesdon1

Hi all. Could someone please recommend a reputable, trustworthy person/company to astro-mod my Canon 600D DSLR. Also, I am confused about whether I need the full spectrum mod or just filter removal?? All I want is for my DSLR to allow the red Ha data through, because they block a lot of Ha with the special filter they have as standard. I would greatly appreciate any advice and guidance.

Many Thanks, Wes

Here's my mobile number, just incase any here who sees this post is an actual reputable DSLR astro-mod'er themselves <private contact details removed>

* I have been informed it's a bad idea including private phone numbers in public forums, so the moderators have removed my number. Please PM me if you can help. Many Thanks, Wes

Edited by wesdon1
private contact details removed/edited

55 minutes ago, wesdon1 said:

Hi all. Could someone please recommend a reputable, trustworthy person/company to astro-mod my Canon 600D DSLR. Also, I am confused about whether I need the full spectrum mod or just filter removal?? All I want is for my DSLR to allow the red Ha data through, because they block a lot of Ha with the special filter they have as standard. I would greatly appreciate any advice and guidance.

Many Thanks, Wes

Here's my mobile number, just incase any here who sees this post is an actual reputable DSLR astro-mod'er themselves <private contact details removed>

Phone number removed. It is never a good idea to give out private contact details in a public forum. If you start getting unsolicited calls, don't blame us.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Phone number removed. It is never a good idea to give out private contact details in a public forum. If you start getting unsolicited calls, don't blame us.

Hi, i'm so sorry! I didn't know it's disallowed! Thank You for informing me.

Kindest regards, Wes

Both astronomiser and cheapastrophotography have very good reputations on these forums.

You don't need the full spectrum if you are just looking for HA. I had the filter removal done by Juan and was very happy (although they are small volume setups, so perhaps don't expect immediate turnaround)

• Thanks 1

I got mine done by Astronomiser, highly recommended. He purchased a second hand 800d from MPB with a low shutter count, modded it and had it to me within a week.

His website does explain the mods that can be made, but like others have said, it’s just the filter removal; not full spectrum. http://www.astronomiser.co.uk/filters.htm

I’ve also heard good things about Juan at cheap astrophotography, but haven’t used his business so can’t comment.

• Thanks 1

Hi again guys, I just wanted to update the post and say a big thank you to all who gave recommendations and guidance, thanks so much.

So I've contacted both Juan of Cheapastrophotography and Andy of Astronomiser, and I'm still waiting for a reply from either. Whichever of the two gets back in touch first will get my purchase. 

Thanks again guys, I'm extremely grateful!

Clear Skies!

• Like 1