Just orded My next Setup

Hi All,

Well i sold my ETX125 today and now have orded a 8" Reflector(Skywatcher) on HEQ5 mount for 519gbp inc Delivery.

Been after a Heq5 mount for sometime now so that should be great, the scope i have owned before and loved it it's the same one as Ant has and russ still has. Prob go for the Skymax150 Before christmas along with a new camera(DSLR) well thats the plan anyway.....

Quite excited about that Mount now roll on tuesday!

James :)

Good point Ant! i mean if he can sell the Hubble Telescope without being botherd then the EQ6 must be great!

I own an EQ6 and you could probably mount Hubble on it with no worries!

It's the best bit of kit I've ever owned, if you see a scope you like you'll never have to worry whether your mount can take it!

I hope you've been eating your crusts James, its a biggie!!!! :)

Gaz

I hope you've been eating your crusts James, its a biggie!!!!
hehe i am sure i can handle the Heq5 mount i could carry the CG-5 mount and Refractor on top so it shouldnt be a problem. As to eatting crust's lol i think andy may say something about what i was eatting last night(eh andy?) :)

I hope you've been eating your crusts James, its a biggie!!!!
hehe i am sure i can handle the Heq5 mount i could carry the CG-5 mount and Refractor on top so it shouldnt be a problem. As to eatting crust's lol i think andy may say something about what i was eatting last night(eh andy?) :)

Ah, theres a typo in your first post James that got me (and Ant I think) confused. I thought you'd got an EQ6.

And as for what you and Andy were up to last night...please don't, this a family forum! :)

hi mate,

It seems a great mount for the little Mak, beleive it or not with all the nice weather weve had, I've only got about 30mins of observing in over the last two weeks! I'm either on nights or the cloud comes out of nowhere about midnight.

I get paid on Monday so I'm getting the steel legs and dual drives. I've managed to sell the ally tripod for a tenner to a guy who wants to just leave it at a dark site to save him carting his own tripod out there. Good idea IMO.

All set up tonight with fingers crossed, how about you? With the HEQ5 you'll be able to piggyback your refractor on it as well!

Gaz

Hi James, nice going getting your new setup. It's fair to say that in the last few weeks you've taken the mantle of 'delboy'.

HEQ5 will be a blast, i used Ant's at Kelling Heath, really liked it....superb mount!!

The 8" is a great scope but you're gonna miss that 5" Mak, believe me. I can't live without mine. Mars is just not the same in the 8", as you'd expect. But that 8" is certainly going to get the business done on the deepsky.

I wouldn't sell the EQ6....well thats a lie. I would but only for an EQ6 Skyscan Pro. As Gaz said, you can look at almost any OTA and know the EQ6 will take it. The HEQ5 can take a huge range of scopes too. Plus you can add Skyscan at any time.

Gaz, looking forward to your first report of the Skymax....best scope i've ever owned.

Russ

Hi James, nice going getting your new setup. It's fair to say that in the last few weeks you've taken the mantle of 'delboy'.
He who learns from the master :wink:cant agrue with that russ but i plan on keeping the mount :)

I will be getting a MAK 150 or 127 depending on funds of course, for planetry imaging for the minute i will use the 8" with a 3x barlow i find thats the optimum config for the 8" and Toucam.

How much you selling your EQ6 for russ? :)

Cheers

JAMES

James, there is only one thing that I don;t like about the HEQ5 - nothing major...

The dome cap that covers the lower part of the poalr scope is plastic with a very fine thread to remove - whioch you need to do everytime you polar align - this can be a B'stard to get back on. I'm letting you know so you don't cross thread it in the dark...

Everything else you'll love.

Ant

You've got to carry about 300 boxes in yet mate... I would suggest setting it up somewhere close to where you are going to keep it! It's a little big to be carrying through the house,

Ant

Archived