Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and moons 17-8-23

AstroNebulee

I took this image on the 17th August 2023 around 1.30 am here in Delabole, North Cornwall.

Taken with:

Skymax 90mm

AzGti az mode

Zwo asi120mc-s

No x2 Barlow as I just couldn’t get the images on the sensor this time.

Processed in Autostakkert 3 , Registax and Photoshop. Around 2000 frames over 1 minute.

Not the best with the setup but the Grs was in full view and Ganymede was passing in front the disc near to the bottom.

It was a shame that I couldn’t get the x2 barlow working properly this time. It was just a nightmare trying to get Jupiter or Saturn on the sensor. Hopefully next time.

Though I did get the rubbish scared out of me with rustling in the bushes. 

Lee 

Jupiter-and-moons-17-8-23 (1).jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Well done! I use a zoom eyepiece to align a planet on the sensor. Makes it a lot easier.

Thank you. 

I do have a zoom eyepiece that I should of used I expect, doh. I have a illuminated reticle eyepiece now and fitted a mak to sct adapter then a 2 inch sct visual back for my 2inch to 1.25inch fitting. Tested out yesterday on a far away pylon and all stayed centred in the fov, from a 32mm ep down to the zwo asi120mc-s and then x2 barlow screwed onto the nosepiece. 

I had to grind down the adapter to get passed the focus knob. Then remove the rubber part of the focus knob to get the visual back on. It all keeps every centred now when removing ep and cameras. 

Need clear skies now to image again. 

Lee 

IMG_20230826_112943.jpg

IMG_20230826_112849.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee

1 minute ago, Space Cowboy said:

Nice mod 😉 Btw 1 min capture are a bit mean for Jupiter. You could take at least 3 min runs. The more frames the better.

Thank you. I thought it had to be around 1min because of Jupiter's rotation speed. 

Lee