NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gandalf the not so grey

peter shah

The Wizard Nebula NGC 7380 in SHO, Imaged remotely from Spain with the ASA12N f3:6 and asi2600mm Pro..
Exposure times were 45x300s in SII, 35x 300s in Ha and 35x 300s in OIII. Processed in Pixinsight and finished in Photoshop.

Thanks for looking

Peter Shah

Wizard Nebula crop 2.2.jpg

• Like 30

1 hour ago, bosun21 said:

Awesome capture and processing 👍.

Thank you

42 minutes ago, Roy Foreman said:

Looks very luminous and glowing on my screen. Nice image Peter.

Thanks you... I  quite like the higher saturation style of imaging but I do understand that not everyone likes it.

4 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Brilliant execution Peter, just jealous of all that exposure data…

Thank you Francis ....I've been the collecting data but haven't had the time for any processing. 

11 hours ago, wimvb said:

That's a very colourful Gandalf, neither gray nor white. Excellent image.

Yes its a bit like marmite, you either love the style or hate it....with this style I don't actually use the saturation tool to pull out the colour...contrast stretches, layering methods etc makes it easy, then a slight push with vibrance which is less harsh than saturation.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Oooh I really like that one Peter.

Ive always imaged this target with wider FOV, but this makes me want to attack again with my larger scopes.

Lee

Its a great target and worth going back to definitely, I will probably do the same at some point with the 16in and go in tight on some of those lovely knotted regions..

30 minutes ago, peter shah said:

Its a great target and worth going back to definitely, I will probably do the same at some point with the 16in and go in tight on some of those lovely knotted regions..

Yes I was thinking going in tighter on the knotted regions too. 

My normal scope for close up work and galaxies  is my Meade 127mm f7.5 triplet with 952mm FL, but feel I need a bit more FL lately , looks like you were using 1140mm with this image.

I used to image with an old Meade 8" sct OTA reduced to 1200mm to good effect but sold it when I bought the 127 ( probably a mistake, the idea was big refractor eliminates problems of dew and mirror flop of an SCT which it did, but at the expense of reduced resolution, its never quite matched the detail I was getting in the old SCT)  Then recently I spotted an old 8" LX50 going  for an amazing bargain price that I couldn't pass up, so going to give to give that a go and see if I can improve on the refractor images again

Annoyingly I also own a 12" LX200GPS in my 2nd observatory which is optical amazing, but never managed to get good enough guiding for deep sky with it, so it only gets used for planetary. maybe I ill have to save up to buy a 2nd EQ8 to mount it on 😛 

Lee

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Wowzer, that's dramatic! I love it and I also think it's an image that the advertising industry might love to exploit.

Olly

Cheers Olly....I'm not expecting to see the cheques roll in any time soon lol

20 hours ago, simmo39 said:

V nice!

Thank you

• Haha 1