NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

(UPDATED) First AND SECOND Saturn of the year (added post below)

BGazing

Well, technically not the first but the first time I tried to shoot I could not focus.

Window of opportunity, this was shot at 24 degrees above the roofs. Enceladus, Tethys, Rhea Mimas and Dione in order of appearance from left to right.

678, ADC, C8, 2x6minutes of derotation in Winjupos. No drizzling, 5x sample and a bit of resize up at the end. I like it, not bad for 8 inches. I started shooting when Saturn was already behind the roofs last year, managed to grab something in the sunset and hope I will have more opportunities this year.

2023-07-31-2148_3-U-L-Sat_Exposure=15 v4.png

Edited by BGazing
  • Like 28

9 hours ago, Kon said:

That's a great image. I like all the resolved moons too. By the way, do you derotate the video in Winjupos or the stacked images?

Thank you, I derotated the stacked images (two of them in this case). I am not sure it is always worth the trouble, especially on Jupiter, but in this case it was a bit better than a single stack.

Moons were not resolved, just a trick of doing a layer where one everexposes them in PS and then combines them, learned it from the others. So it is a composite image of sorts.

• Thanks 1

• BGazing changed the title to (UPDATED) First AND SECOND Saturn of the year (added post below)

Well here is the second effort, I reckon it is even better. 

36 minutes derotation but I had to cut off recording because...the tree across from my balcony.

2023-08-02-2243_2-U-L-Sat_Exposure=10 derot 36min final

Edited by BGazing
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...